[pmwiki-users] Templates for new pages

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Mar 1 20:07:59 CST 2005

Is there a way to establish some template, with "blank" entries,
already marked up, such that if a user makes a new page the content of
the new page is automatically inserted in the main content <div>?

user requirement: we want people to enter and be able to edit,
resources for teaching that can be link to class outlines. But the
challenge is the unstructued nature of wiki pages, e.g. stories for
kids, presently I have a web form and they enter the web from:

Source:
Moral Teaching:
Title
Submitted by:
Submission date:
Story text:

I have a CGI that takes and XML template, inserts the posted data and
then another CGI auto generates a list of stories on the main home page
and the pages are viewed via an XSLT template. It all works beautifully
except of course, it is not very flexible... I would like to move this
kind of model to the wiki, but have a "risk assessment" flag in my head
that on a likelihood-to-happen scale of 1 to 10 the risk of losing
control over format, consistency etc. is perhaps between 7 and 10.
(smile)

I am a wiki newbie.. and a little insecure, not about having people be
able to edit things, but about the form it takes over time...

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery
katir at hindu.org