[pmwiki-users] Re: FGS Beta Testing Installation

Knut Alboldt pmwiki at alboldt.de
Wed Mar 2 15:35:34 CST 2005

John Feezell schrieb:
> Knut and Pm,
>
> FGSv2 is now stable enough for beta testing.

ok, here we go for the first test:

testing on local environment windows 2000 sp4, Apache 1.3.27, php 4.3.5
(if you need I'll send you the phpinfo() output)

installation test on isp's site will follow

Instuctions for the
> installation follow.
>
> 1. download "FGSv2-x-latest.txt" from <http://cbfa-cos.org/4others> and
> place it in the cookbook directory.
>
> 2. in the cookbook directory, rename "FGSv2-x-latest.txt" to
> "FGSv2-x-latest.php"
>
> 3. download the files     "Forms.Design-SampleTestCSSForm" and
>     "Forms.Design-Comments"
>          from http://cbfa-cos.org/4other> and
>          place them in the wiki.d directory
>          (Right click on the name and "save link as"
>            with wiki.d as the target.)
>
> 4. add the following line to your config.php file:
>       include_once('cookbook/FGSv2-x-latest.php');

changed that to

	require_once("$FarmD/cookbook/FGSv2-x-latest.php");

cause I'm using a wikifarm and first the script wasn't found.

When I call Main.PmWiki I'll get:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument
passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the
declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable
call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference
to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this
any longer. in
d:\webserver\user\htdocs\wiki\pmwiki.2.0.beta23\cookbook\FGSv2-x-latest.php
on line 75

line 75 is: if ($action=='prepform' )
{$tracename=$pagename;$page=PrepForm(&$pagename);$action='form';  }

so I think the warning is suggesting not using

line 872: function PrepForm($pagename) {

but: function PrepForm(&$pagename) {

and removing the & in tha call ?

> 5. enter "Forms/Design-SampleTestCSSForm" as
>    a PmWiki page name in your browser. This should
>    bring up the form design page.

does it !

> 6.  click on the "Prepform" link.     This should create a directory
> named "formguides" and
>     set permissions so that PmWiki can write to it and access it
>     NOTE:  this is one place where you may have trouble since
>          FGS requires that the "formguides" directory have the
>          same permissions as wiki.d.  You may need to create
>          this directory and set the permissions by hand.

works. fine ! it's even asking for my edit-password.

> 7.  assuming that step 6 was completed correctly, you
>     should be viewing your first form using FGS.  This
>     form is a "everything but the kitchen sink" form

oh, yes :-)

>     that
>     I use for testing FGS.  It not beautiful but it does the
>     job.

saving the page works

> 8.  when FGS is installed and the permissions are correct on
>     the formguides directory, let me know and I'll visit and
>     make sure things are working correctly.  I will also
>     setup a comment page so that we can discuss the issues
>     on your installation using your copy of FGS.

ok, here I've to do the second installation on the isp's site so you can
access it.

> If you have problems with the installation, please let me know.

Installation text was short and clear (and exact :-), installation was easy.

now as I understand the sample page text:

to design my own form I can copy that page to e.g. Forms.MyForm01 and
change that, finally attach this to MyGroup.Pagewithform so every edit
call of MyGroup.Pagewithform will enable the form-entry instead of
pmwiki-text-entry ?

Can I attach this form to a whole group or even better to a certain
pagename-matchpattern (without using the action=edit?form=... call) ?

I'll play around a bit trying to create some own forms and then install
it on the isp's site.

> Thanks for being willing to help with the beta.
>
> Please email me or post here any problems and successes.
>
> /JF

Knut