[pmwiki-users] Blogging support?

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Fri Mar 4 05:16:23 CST 2005

Hi folks.

I looked around the Cookbook and PITS and either I'm content-blind or I
can't find a solution for this problem. So before throwing it in the PITS,
I figured I'd ask first :) If there's nothing out there, I could write a
recipe for it - once I figure out how to do it myself, that is.

Problem: fast access to recent changes *of interest*

You know how wiki admins can opt to get email when pages get modified?
MailPosts, I believe. So the admin can set the outgoing mail to a
distribution list, for all users to see. Here comes the hitch. When one
wiki contains several groups, there's a great chance that not all users
will be interested in (or have access to) all the groups or even all pages
within a group. I know other CMS/wikis have a subscription system of some
sort (group-based, page-based, etc). If PmWiki doesn't, I have some ideas
and maybe I can add a functional extension (probably building on UserAuth).

Magnus, are you still around?

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)