[pmwiki-users] Re: FGS Beta Testing - Exporting Data - Update

Knut Alboldt pmwiki at alboldt.de
Tue Mar 8 15:00:25 CST 2005

John Feezell schrieb:
> A new version of FGS is available at:
> <cbfa-cos.org/4others>
> After download, rename FGSv2-x-latest.txt and replace the .txt with .php
>
> Two additional files related to form data exporting are also there
>  Forms.Design-ExportDataSample and
>  Forms.HowToExportData
> These should be place in the wiki.d folder.
>
> The new version includes:
> * bug fix for timestamp fields - they now use UTC
> * first pass of routines to export form data
>   An example is available at:
>   <cbfa-cos.org/Forms/HowToExportData>
>   The design for this form is at:
>   <cbfa-cos.org/Forms/Design-ExportDataSample>
>  Note:  there is a minor bug in the FGSData markup directive.
> Hopefully this will be resolved in the next release.
sounds interesting !

> As always, comments and suggestions are welcomed.

First of all: sorry to tell you that I've to skip any testing this week.
I've got a training this week, so I won't have the time. Will continue
at the weekend.

A short question: as far as I can see FGS stores the field-info in
special "tags" within the page-file. You wrote that you can switch
form-editing on and off. What will happen if you switch it of, enter
some text (which will go into the text-section of the wikipage-file) and
then switch formedit on again ? Will the (in the text) entered data be
lost ?
This will also be a topic if you will edit the page offline (see
emacs-edit cookbook entry from Christian) - not that it has to be
compatible but more that it should be documented somewhere.

I think that is one of the main differences of wikiform and fgs: the
place where the information is stored: in the text- or  in special
sections, right ?

Knut