[pmwiki-users] Problems with paths in farms

Rick Lavin rickla.rick at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 06:55:37 CST 2005

Hello, all,

I've just set up my first wikifarm, with one field for now. On the
most basic level, it's working, in that at least the homepage shows
up. However, none of the commands such as search, edit page, etc.,
works. Looking at the URL that these commands point to, a
pmwiki/Main/scripts directory figured prominently, and that directory
doesn't actually exist. I deduced that the $FarmD variable that I'd
used for the $ScriptUrl and the $PubDirUrl was pointing to the wrong
place, so I deleted the variable in my local/config.php file and
replaced it with the actual paths, which are pmwiki/scripts and
pmwiki/pub. However, I still get an error, and the commands are still
pointing to a Main directory that doesn't exist.

One thing that may be complicating everything is that I've setup a new
domain for my wikifarm but because I didn't want to pay for new
hosting it's actually an addon domain located in a directory of my
main domain. So the URL I want to give people I invite to join the
wiki is www dot rikiwiki dot net/kumamotoeflwiki/field.php while its
real location is www dot rslavin dot
net/rikiwiki/kumamotoeflwiki/field.php . Both URLs work fine but I
wonder if it's messing things up in some way I haven't thought
through.

There's no content yet, so I'd be quite prepared to delete everything
and install from scratch if that's likely to help. Does anybody have
any idea what I'm doing wrong?

PmWiki has improved so much in the last few months, I can hardly wait
to get going. Thanks for any help you can give,

Rick