[pmwiki-users] Re: Categories (was: on over-bundling)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Wed Mar 9 08:49:46 CST 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 09:35:59AM +0000, Hans wrote:
> > Wednesday, March 9, 2005, 6:11:45 AM, Patrick wrote:
> > > Note the difference:  To add page XYZ into a trail, we create a link
> > > from the trail page to XYZ.  To add page XYZ to a category, we create
> > > a link from XYZ back to the category.
> >
> > Maybe I am pedantic now, but what you describe here as WikiTrail is
> > what I would call an index page, which holds a list of page links.
> > A WikiTrail requires the trail markup in each page, and so is not
> > defined just from one central page.
>
> Yes, you're being pedantic.  :-)  But you're also very correct --
> thanks for the clarification!

IMHO Hans is below the pedantic limit :-) The distinction between
WikiTrail and a simple index page is important, thanks!

/Christian

And John is probably also greatful now that we can add 'index page' to our
'folkonomy'.  Should we create the page 'PmWiki.Folkonomy' btw, or simply
stick with 'PmWiki.Glossary'?