[pmwiki-users] Re: "Perfection" and Menus (WAS: on over-bundling) . . .

Neil Herber nospam at mail.eton.ca
Wed Mar 9 09:50:08 CST 2005

At 2005-03-09  03:46 PM +0100, chr at home.se is rumored to have said:
>Sounds like a good idea, although the word "Menu" did make me think of
>things like the common "File"-menu... not sure how much of a problem that
>is here.
>
> > So, I would be more than happy to create a Menu and document its
> > interractions. Heck, I could even go so far as to create a
> > "menu_config.php"
>
>I think you should do that, if nothing else to demonstrate the menu
>concept for further discussions.

Despite the attraction of continuing the food metaphor, I would strongly
suggest not using "menu" since it is so prone to confusion with the browser
menu or the menus generated by PmWiki or the menu control pages in some
skins (Gemini).  Certainly I would expect something called
"menu_config.php" to actually control the PmWiki menus.

Please choose another word!!

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/