[pmwiki-users] Some specific questions

DirkBlaas d.blaas at hccnet.nl
Wed Mar 9 16:35:51 CST 2005

Hi there, fellow PmWiki adepts (some addicts even?),

My first post in this group, allthough i am building experience with PmWiki
for some months now, and have allready had i request of mine realised by Pm
(thanks again) in beta 24. I am almost at the start of going live with a new
website for my Hockeyclub here in rainy NL. Some items i want to resolve if
possible before that.
1. I am planning to use the Publish cookbook recipe to create one HTML out
of several pages on the wiki, representing a kind of (printed) week bulletin
that contains lets say the program for next weekend. For that purpose i do
not want to have a page break after each of the Wiki-pages that are in the
publish, but to have a page-break after lets say 2 pages. Is there a way to
put a page-break directive in some of the wiki-pages, so that i can control
where the published page has the breaks? (Thus filling up printed pages
while keeping some tables from going over the page-break)
2. Have been working on localisation in Dutch. Is there a way to localise
the 'Password requested'-page, other than putting Dutch in the PmWiki.php
(which isn't the preferred solution, i know)?
3. Same question for the page & group attr pages, where i can only localize
the password questions but not the English text on the top of that page.
4. To say something about the authorisation/authentication issue: the fact
that PmWiki does athorisation without the need for authentication (and the
administration that comes with that) was one of the main reasons for me to
choose PmWiki out of all the other Wiki's in the first place (and i have
probed them all). For my purpose the system is perfect as it is, so i am
very glad that Pm has clearly stated that this system is going to stay there
even when an authentication (logon) will be introduced. (Just a statement to
let you all know that there are people happy with design decisions being
made in the past, and that not all new features are welcomed by some)
5. To add to my points 2. and 3. After putting some work in creating a
'nice' skin for my site, the password and attr pages are a bit 'naked' as
they are. Wouldn't it be nice if these pages could be 'skinned' as well? (I
think not very well put here, because 'skinned' would mean taking the skin
off whereas i would like to add a skin. :-). Take this last item as I have
put it: a nice-to-have on my account.

Greatings to all,
DirkBlaas