[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Dynamic wiki trails - passing along the name of the trail page

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Mar 10 02:55:05 CST 2005

On 10 Mar 2005, John Rankin wrote:

> >	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/SomePage?trail=Test/TrailPage

> I think it's simpler than that: let the GroupHeader contain
>
> <<|TrailPage|>>
>
> If the current page is not on the trail, the markup returns ''
> instead of the current <<|TrailPage|>>.

Sure, that would work as well...

> And an administrator can put the following into a template
> (give or take syntax errors)
>
> <!--markup:<<|$TrailPage|>>-->
>
> where config.php contains, for example,
>
> SDV($TrailPage,'HomePage');

Umm... did you miss the part about where the name of the trail page is
passed along as an argument in the URI?  (See the example URI above).

Hmm... actually, I don't think you missed it, so I wonder if I've missed
something here.. Well, I think that if:
* We have a method to extract a "URI-argument"
* The markup <<|TrailPage|>> returns '' if there is no such page
this would achieve our goal. Perhaps not perfectly, but at least enough to
see what the additional needs could be.

> In other words, this approach requires no new features, just a
> small change to the handling of existing trail markups.

Ehm.. wouldn't it need the ability to extract a "URI-argument", as well as
for the trail directive to pass along the name of the trail page?

Hmm.. for the situation when you click on a link on the actual trail
page, I wonder if we could use "referring page" to detect the name of the
trail page. When the user then clicks on the "prev" or "next"-links, the
name of the trail page would be passed along.

/Christian