[pmwiki-users] clean URLs for wikifarm in subdirectory

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 11:15:51 CST 2005

I'm migrating and splitting a v1 wiki into a v2 farm with 2 fields.  I
want to use clean URLs for them, but I can't figure out how.  The
directory structure is this:

webserver
- static (for some static HTML content)
- pmwiki (to hold all pmwiki stuff)
-- wikifarm
-- bliki
-- portfolio

Currently the urls look like this:
Bliki: http://arndis.godsong.org/pmwiki/bliki/field.php/PmWiki/TipsForEditing
Portfolio: http://arndis.godsong.org/pmwiki/portfolio/field.php/PmWiki/TipsForEditing

My goal is to remove the /pmwiki/ and field.php from the URLs, so that
they look like this:

Bliki: http://arndis.godsong.org/bliki/PmWiki/TipsForEditing
Portfolio: http://arndis.godsong.org/portfolio/PmWiki/TipsForEditing

After playing with the vanilla clean URLs instructions, I have to
admit that I can't figure out how to set this up.  Making an .htaccess
in the main directory gets me what looks like an untouched field (so
it's probably the farm).  I don't really want to change the directory
structure.  I can use rewrites and redirects.

I'm probably missing something basic, aren't I? :)

Bronwyn