[pmwiki-users] RSS fails with XML Parsing Error

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 15 16:53:20 CST 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 10:43:25PM +0530, V.Krishn wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 March 2005 21:32, pmichaud wrote:
> > Ummmm, I just checked my scripts/wikistyles.php file, and there's
> > definitely no extra spaces at the end of the script, at least in
> > the versions I'm using.  Can you or someone else confirm this, please?

> Ok here is what I did.
> I use Linux + KDE 3.3 and now untarred freshly pmwiki-2.0.beta26.
> Then I opened each and every file in scripts/ directory
> using "KWrite". (I know there are some CR/LF difference in
> Unix and Windows)... BUT
> .....MY obserservations in KWrite:

It looks to me as though this is a (mis)feature of KWrite.  When I
view the files in "vi" there's definitely no whitespace at the end
of the files in which you indicate you can move the cursor beyond the ?>.

> pagerev.php	: missing ending ?>
> simuledit.php	: missing ending ?>
> trails.php		: missing ending ?>

I guess I need to add those missing ?>'s, but yes, PHP assumes a trailing
?> if it reaches the end of the file and there isn't one.