[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: PMWiki Bug? leading Tabs

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Tue Mar 15 17:39:04 CST 2005

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 05:49:13PM -0500, Ryan Varick wrote:
> > Well, I would like to change the behavior to only trigger on two
> > leading spaces

> Using two leading spaces to mean "preformatted text" sounds like a
> useful rule that covers most of the existing cases -- and it would
> eliminate the "bug" that Christian often complains about where a single
> leading space causes a line to become preformatted.  Maybe we can
> adopt this or something like it in general?

I think lots of whitespace should also trigger preformatted.. especially
some spaces followed by a TAB, or a line starting with a TAB.

/Christian

> > > It's not a "bug".  Lines that begin with whitespace are preformatted
> > > text -- this is by design.  Tabs are whitespace.

Btw, with the "bug" aspect I meant that the TAB isn't rendered as 8 spaces
but instead as a single space...
	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/UsingTabForPreformattedText