[pmwiki-users] category v.s. label

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Mar 15 17:58:54 CST 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 12:40:47AM +0100, chr at home.se wrote:
> This is probably way to late, but I just noticed that what gmail refers to
> as 'labels' are probably what we call 'category'. Maybe it'd been
> convenient for us to use 'label' as well? I.e., saying that we place a
> certain "label" on a page, and that the "label page" will list all pages
> containing that label...

I think that category is more descriptive, and the name "category"
is what has been historically used by other wikis.  But perhaps we
could describe "[[!XYZ]]" as being a "label markup", and Category.XYZ
then becomes a list of all pages containing the "[[!XYZ]]" label.
This might reduce confusion that results from calling "[[!XYZ]]"
the "category" markup.