[pmwiki-users] Re: category output

Bronwyn Boltwood arndis at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:26:12 CST 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 02:00:49 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 02:47:18AM -0500, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> > Can I have fmt=reallysimple in addition to fmt=simple by writing:
> >
> >     $FPLReallySimpleStartFmt = '';
> >     $FPLReallySimpleEndFmt = '';
> >     $FPLReallySimpleIFmt = "<a href='\$PageUrl'>\$Name</a> ";
>
> Alas, it's really not that simple.   :-)  We can add a fmt=reallysimple
> but it (so far) requires creating a separate function .  We'll see how
> things come out on the other side of the (:pagelist:) redesign.

I can be patient and just use some other techniques in the meantime.
But, for what it's worth, I had been wanting a bulleted list of page
names or titles, sans group, to be used in the sidebar. So, I put this
into the sidebar:
	!Portfolio
	(:pagelist group=portfolio fmt=reallysimple list=normal:)

	!Categories
	(:pagelist group=category fmt=reallysimple list=normal:)

And get back headers followed by lists of stuff from the relevant
group, automated for low maintenance.  It's not a big deal; I'm just
being lazy.

> > :) I figured you might be, but thought I should mention it.  I for one
> > write some really long paragraphs, so you might want to include a
> > limiter of some kind (e.g. 1st 50 words).
>
> I might, but it's more likely that initially I'll just let verbose
> authors reap what they sow, or learn to love short introduction
> paragraphs.  :-)

Or we could be really crazy, and use the contents of (:description:)
if it's available, or some other kind of summary...anyway, it's
something that can wait. :)

Bronwyn