[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Bug in PmWikiDraw?

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 11:09:07 CST 2005

Hi chr,
I've setup my home installation as follows
AuthUserFile /var/www/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /dev/null
AuthName EnterPassword
AuthType Basic
require valid-user
Options FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^([A-Z].*) /var/www/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1 [L,qsappend]
RewriteRule ^$ /var/www/pmwiki/pmwiki.php [L,qsappend]

As the cookbook says, and this seems to work perfectly for me.  The
cookbook does mention that you may need to explicitly set $ScriptUrl,
$PubDirUrl and $UploadUrlFmt. Have you done this ?

The RewriteBase / RedirectMatch seemd to cause errors in my apache
when I used them, so I left them out, could this be causing some
problem ? Incidentally the urls that appear when running in this mode
are in the following formar:

http://pookie/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/PmWiki/TipsForEditing

Is this the format you would expect to see them ?

Could you please 'edit' a drawing, and copy and paste the section of
html source that is in the page when the PmWikiDraw applet is open ,
specifically around the area where it defines the Applet parameters,
just so I can see what is being passed into PmWikiDraw [Mental note,
must make debug mode do that! :) ]

Thanks
- Ciaran

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 16:10:12 +0100, chr at home.se <chr at home.se> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Ciaran wrote:
>
> > Hmm, I've never actually used a clean-url system setup so its
> > perfectly possible that it doesn't work in this environment, can you
> > point to details on how to setup one in a similar way to yours and
> > I'll try to replicate the behaviour please ?
>
> The documentation is here
>
>         http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls
>
> I use the solution where I have a .htaccess file in the root that says
>
>   AuthName "..."
>   AuthType Basic
>   AuthUserFile /srv/www/htdocs/.htpasswd
>   AuthGroupFile /srv/www/htdocs/.htgroup
>   Require group Employes
>
>   Options FollowSymLinks
>   RedirectMatch 301 ^/$ http://XXX.se/wiki/pmwiki.php
>   RewriteEngine on
>   RewriteBase /
>   RewriteRule ^([A-Z].*) /www/htdocs/wiki/pmwiki.php?n=$1 [L,qsappend]
>
> The last line tells you where the wiki is installed, and from a browsers
> point of view it is in /wiki/pmwik.php
>
> /Christian
>
> --
> Christian Ridderström, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr

- Ciaran
(I now have far too many G-Mail invites available, anyone who wants
one, gets one)