[pmwiki-users] New skin: Pukka Float

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 18 07:51:28 CST 2005

On Thu, Mar 17, 2005 at 03:33:19AM -0500, Bronwyn Boltwood wrote:
> This skin relies on a trick: the css dir contains a
> .htaccess that tells it to handle css files with PHP:
> 	AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .css
> 	php_value default_mimetype "text/css"

Oooh, that trick isn't so good.  It won't work for anyone who
isn't running apache, or who is running apache but has per-directory
.htaccess files disabled, or whose environment (like mine) requires
different configuration lines to get an extension associated with php
scripts.  (Many environments run PHP as a cgi-bin script, not an
Apache handler.)

If this skin is really intended for people who don't have lots of web/css
experience, you'll probably want to re-think this approach
(you may have done so already -- unexpected events kept me from the computer
the last couple of days and so I'm just now catching up on email again).