[pmwiki-users] block preformat, spaceless?

Russ Fink russfink at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 18 15:05:51 CST 2005

>From: A Kabaila <akabaila at pcug.org.au>
> > At 2005-03-17  11:11 PM +0100, Dominique Faure is rumored to have said:
> > >You definitely should try
>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/SourceBlock
> > >(sorry not to have it registered into Cookbook main page)...
> >
> > Added a reference to this on
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupTricks.
> >
> > I still can't figure out how to wrap the following inside (:markup:) [=
> > =] and have it display properly:
> >
> >   [=
> > An item
> > Another item
> > A third item =]
>
>Forgive the confusion of old, but I do not understand your problem.  I just
>tried the following markup:
>
>[= %red%
>  %green% =] And is this text red or green? No, it remains black, since the
>two
>markups are in special "code killing" brackets.
>
>And got the following result:
>
>%red% %green% And is this text red or green? No, it remains black, since
>the
>two markups are in special "code killing" brackets.

What is desired is the ability to use the "(:markup:)" feature itself, by
coding:

(:markup:) [= [=
foo bar
=] =]

and have the (:markup:) special feature kick in.  Granted, the original
problem is solved about how to display code that breaks across lines; the
new problem is how to display the solution to the original problem using the
special (:markup:) feature that lets you see a box showing you the markup
followed by another box that shows you the result.  Any way you try it (so
far that we have discovered), it doesn't appear correctly.

Contrast it to:
(:markup:) [=@@Here is monospaced font@@=]