[pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dynamic wiki trails

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Fri Mar 18 18:43:34 CST 2005

On Friday, 18 March 2005 10:21 PM, chr at home.se wrote:
>> BTW I'd expect <<|!RatsAndMice|>> to work too.
>
>You mean that <<!!RatsAndMice>> should work the same as
>	(:trails !!RatsAndMice:).

No, I mean that <<|!RatsAndMice|>> means treat Category.RatsAndMice
as a trail page -- so (in your notation) (:trails !RatsAndMice:).
But I see that |! looks enough like !! to be confusing. I was
working by analogy with

<<|TrailPage|>> today's trail notation
<<|?TrailPage|>> return '' if the current page is off-trail
<<|!CategoryPage|>> return '' if the current page is off-category

>Guess you'd expect that, but I still think the latter is easier
>to read...

As the above example shows, it was easy to mis-read...

--
JR