[pmwiki-users] FGS Beta - Including PmWiki pages & exporting FGS data

John Feezell JohnFeezell at 3wplace.com
Sun Mar 20 16:31:07 CST 2005

The answer to your question is: yes FGS can POST to an external CGI,
however, because of the structure of FGS field storage it is necessary
that the post from the form be processed by FGS.  I don't know if it is
possible to "double" POST from a HTML form.  As an alternative FGS will
pass the field data to a php function called HandleFGSFieldData if it
exists.  This provides an 'export' capability for FGS.  You can see it
in operation at <http://cbfa-cos.org/xwiki/Forms/IncludeExport>.

That page also contains examples of the inclusion of PmWiki pages in the
form in display only form.  This FGS capability allows for a display of
a PmWiki page and also input fields on the same page.  Again you can see
this at <http://cbfa-cos.org/xwiki/Forms/IncludeExport>.  This setup is
possible because of the power and flexibility of PmWiki.  Thanks Pm, for
the MarkupToHTML function. It is outstanding!

The latest version of FGS available at <htp://cbfa-cos.org/4others> will
support these new capabilities.  Note: the code has been bug inspected
but is not warranted to be bug free.

Your comments, suggests, questions, etc are welcomed and can be posted
here or in the comments section of
<http://cbfa-cos.org/xwiki/Forms/IncludeExport> by editing that page.

/JF