[pmwiki-users] floating box on the right

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 24 00:01:46 CST 2005

On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 03:54:01PM +1100, Nathan Jones wrote:
> >You're correct, it doesn't work with two or more block level elements,
> >which is why we need (:div:) or something like it.
>
> Have you decided on shorthand syntax yet?
> The >>class<<, >>#id<< and >><< (end) option is nice.

So far these are the leading candidates.  The one exception is
that >>class<< is likely to allow any wikistyle specification inside
the brackets (with or without %'s), so that authors can use
wikistyles at both the inline and block level, and authors can
easily define custom div styles.

    %Pm% This sentence is from Pm.

    >>Pm<<
    This block is from Pm
    >><<

    >>stickynote bgcolor=yellow<<
    This is a yellow stickynote.
    >><<

Of course, if the wikistyle is not defined then >>xyz<< defaults
to class='xyz', same as currently happens.