[pmwiki-users] Character counts and file types

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Mar 25 11:06:00 CST 2005

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 12:06:37PM +0200, Jan-Henrik Johansson wrote:
> Hi, as a newbie with pmwiki I wonder
> 1) Can I make a simple directive that outputs the number of non-white characters of the current page (after all markups, but excluding tabs, etc) into a header or a footer for example. How to get the entire marked-up page as a variable just before it is written to the template?

Ummm, you want the non-white characters including the HTML tags or
excluding them?

> 2) My wikifarm seems to be working OK, but the pages in the wiki.d:s are
> randomly of type 'Unknown', 'Plain Text Document' and even
> 'C++ Source File'. Also the parmissions are randomly rw-r---r--,
> rw-rw-r-- or rw-rw-rw-.  Should I fix something?

What OS?  It may simply be that the OS is having trouble figuring out
what kind of files these are (since they don't have a standard file
extension of any sort).  It shouldn't be a problem.

And for the file permissions, the rw-r--r-- is a bit odd (perhaps they
were copied into wiki.d/ from somewhere else?), but the other two are
normal depending on how the system has been configured over time.
None of them should be problematic -- PmWiki knows how to deal with
these when it finds them and correct them as necessary.