[pmwiki-users] Re: Floating tekst around pictures

Algis Kabaila akabaila at pcug.org.au
Fri Mar 25 18:40:18 CST 2005

Joachim,

On Saturday 26 March 2005 05:00, pmwiki-users-request at pmichaud.com wrote:
> Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 10:46:24 -0600
> From: "Patrick R. Michaud" <pmichaud at pobox.com>
> Subject: Re: [pmwiki-users] Re: Floating tekst around pictures
> To: Joachim Durchholz <jo at durchholz.org>
> Cc: pmwiki-users at pmichaud.com

> > Floating works all right for me, and the text starts to the right of the
> > image, but for some reason it starts with the bottom line aligned to the
> > bottom of the child, something like this:
> >
> >   +-------------+
> >   |             |
> >   |    image    |
> >   |             |
> >   +-------------+ Text begins here
> >   and continues here.
> >
> > Does anybody has a clue why this happens? (Sounds like a CSS issue, but
> > I don't know which CSS styles can affect this behavior...)
>
> Can you provide an example on pmwiki.org somewhere?  (Probably should
> go in the Test group.)
>
> Pm

I did post an image with text floating around it on:

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/FloatingImage

Not surprisingly, I was wrong and Patrick is right -- again and as always.  As
soon as I mail this, I will go back to stand in my corner.  The behaviour
that you describe (and that I have encountered) appears to be due to the
omission of %align=left% command (token, markup or whatever its correct name
is) just before the picture.  If that is omitted, then indeed the behaviour
of the text is as you described so well in your email.

HTH,

OldAl.

--
Algis Kabaila