[pmwiki-users] Cross-group wiki trails

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sat Mar 26 13:43:31 CST 2005

On Sat, Mar 26, 2005 at 11:57:06AM +0100, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> I have been unable to produce an example from scratch. However, one of
> the three wikis I'm administering indeed exhibits the problem.

Yes, it's a bug.  I'm working on it now.

> I also found that one other trail forms a circle.
> Trail page:
>   http://shaman-ca.de/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Krafttiere/Krafttiere
>
> If I understand things correctly, the trail should be:
> Tiermenschen-Menschentiere <-> Wolf <-> Adler <-> Eichhörnchen <-> Schlange.

Actually, because the trail is listed twice on the page, PmWiki sees
the trail as

   Tiermenschen-Menschentiere <-> Wolf <-> Adler <->
     Eichhörnchen <-> Schlange <-> Tiermenschen-Menschentiere <->
     Wolf <-> Adler <-> Eichhörnchen <-> Schlange

which has a circle built-in to it.  (The ability to create rings
is by design.)