[pmwiki-users] Costom markup for gallery page

Ugo Mariani ugo at sinet.it
Sun Mar 27 11:49:09 CST 2005

Hi all,

I'm using pmwiki 1.0.8 and I would like to create a custom markup, but after a
few days searching, I realized mt php skills aren't up to it. This is what I
would like to do:

I have a page filled with thumbnail links to larger images. When I click on a
thumbnail, the image usually opens in my window, and I lose the wiki skin in
my browser. To retain the skin, I have to create a page or each image, with
the larger image displayed inline. This means ceating a LARGE number of
pages.

I would like to have a single page for the larger image (call it LargeImage),
and have all thumbnail links point to the LargeImage page. Then, when I click
on a thumbnail, the LargeImage page would get displayed, with the appropriate
image displayed inline.
In my thumbnail page, the links should look like something this:

[[gallery:http://path/to/large/image.jpg path/to/thumbnail]]

and the path to the large image should get passed on as an argument to the
LargeImage page, where it could be displayed.

This is as far as I've got. I've searched the list, found some information on
DoubleBrackets and on how to pass arguments, but I couldn't get anything to
work, and I'm stuck.

Thanks for any help, and thx all you pmwiki-ers for making such a lean,
powerful system.

--