[pmwiki-users] Cross-group wiki trails

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Sun Mar 27 13:55:07 CST 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Since we're looking at modifying wiki trails a bit anyway,
> now is a good time to do it.

Hmm... if I were to design trails anew (which I am not), I'd probably do
some markup on the trail page that specified what gestalt to use for a
trail: what to display if there is no previous/next page, what to
display if, what to display between the two. And I'd add a markup on the
trail pages that's very simple, and so that authors can import it to all
the places where they want to see it.

Very different from the way PmWiki works right now :-)

... but maybe interesting enough to trigger a _feasible_ improvement :-)

 > (It's worth pointing out that the
> existing trail markups and implementation have existed for over two
> years without serious comment. :-)

Oh, then it's also worth mentioning that I tend to think in somewhat
different paths than most people, so I get to different locations - and
see things that others don't, and miss things that others see.
;-)))

Regards,
Jo