[pmwiki-users] Templates for new pages

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Mar 27 23:02:43 CST 2005

After taking a detour into the world of forms with the wonderul
assistance of Pierre... I'm back on default templates... having now
gotten the mark up needed to make a wiki form we want that form to be
the default for every new page create in the group.

I see this indicates it should now be very easy

On Mar 5, 2005, at 2:45 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Actually, after thinking about it over lunch I've decided that
> this feature is useful enough, small enough, and unobtrusive enough
> that it belongs in the main distribution, so it's no longer a cookbook
> recipe.  As of 2.0.beta26 (just released -- announcement to follow in
> a few hours), one simply does:
>
>     $EditTemplatesFmt = '$Group.Template';
>
> to have a per-group default template for creating new pages.
>
> Pm

I'm running 2.0 beta 28... upgraded today.

This naive newbie then proceeded to try to put the blocks together...as
follows:

1) in Wiki.d  -- copied the file "FormsTesting.HpiArticle"

## where the group is "FormsTesting"
## and the page is a  buildForms style page
## which is the desired template...

2) I changed the name of the copy to "FormsTesting.Template"

3) and inserted, from the file system level: the following into our

  /local/config.php

$EditTemplatesFmt = '$FormsTesting.Template';

on it's own line...

4) went back out the browser, added a link at the top of  page

  FormsTesting.HpiArticle

[[New Article]]

saved and got the expected WikiWordLink?

"New Article?"

5) Clicked on the link... new page is generated, but not with the
template mark up...

I must be missing something very simple. Perhaps a wrong assumption
that '$Group.Template' should be the name of an actual page in wiki.d?
But, if not, where does PMwiki get the mark up for new pages?

Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery
katir at hindu.org