[pmwiki-users] Uploads revisited

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Mon Mar 28 12:06:56 CST 2005

At 2005-03-28  11:47 AM -0600, Doug is rumored to have said:
>both
>
>     www.ispinn.com/wiki/uploads
>
>and
>
>     www.ispinn.com/wiki/uploads/AAA
>
>are set to permissions
>
>    777
>
>It's a W2K server--does *that* matter??? :-Z

Just to satisfy my curiosity, how do you set Unix-style permissions on a
W2K box??

I am running PmWiki on a W2K box and uploads work exactly as specified. On
one instance I have a common directory for all uploads and on another I
have per-group directories. Both work. The only problem I have encountered
is caused by one of my client's corporate firewalls which seems determined
to keep them from uploading anything anywhere.

I did have to fiddle with several parameters in PmWiki, Apache, and PHP to
allow uploads of particular types, of a sufficient size and to allow
sufficient time for them to complete.

Feel free to try an upload here:

         http://neil.eton.ca/wiki/index.php/Guest/Uploads

Be sure to read the instructions before uploading.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668