[pmwiki-users] Costom markup for gallery page

Ugo Mariani ugo at sinet.it
Mon Mar 28 19:27:56 CST 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 02:50, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 08:55:33AM +0100, Hans wrote:
> > Sunday, March 27, 2005, 11:58:43 PM, Patrick wrote:
> > > I may even generalize it to a module for PmWiki v2 --
> > > I'm surprised at how easy it was to do in the end.
> >
> > Please do! Looks nice and simple.
> >
> > What I also love would be a pmwiki 2.0 version of
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook-V1/PictureGallery
> > anyone tried to port this?
>
> Actually, I'm playing with a few Gallery ideas altogether,
> since it may be fairly simple to do.  I'm guessing that a
> good Gallery script would need to automatically create thumbnails
> if it can...?

Automatic thumbnail generation would be great... but I would like it to be
configurable, at least the size (in pixels). I sometimes work with digital
cameras, other times with POV-Ray, and they need completely different
thumbnails.

All in all, I can create thumbnails easily enough offline, and upload them all
at once, so thumbnail creation isn't a must for me... but if you're managing
an online gallery for people with no ftp access... well, then it would be
most practical.

BTW, would a V1-Cookbook recipe (like SinglePageGallery) be adaptable to V2? I
love that little hack, I wouldn't upgrade without it! :-)

-Ugo