[pmwiki-users] Localization again

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Wed Mar 30 14:49:02 CST 2005

On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 10:06:42PM +0200, CB wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Still me, strugling to fully localize pmwiki.
>
> I have two difficulties :
>
> 1/ In pmwiki.php, line 51, there is : <h1 class='wikiaction'>$[Editing
> \$FullName]</h1>
> I can't translate it with something like $[blablabla \$FullName], nor
> $[blablabla $FullName], bdecause pmwiki doesn't take it in account.

The translation string is 'Editing $FullName', which should be replaced
by 'blablabla $FullName'.  At any rate, it's able to be translated --
see, for example, the "Editing $FullName" string at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiFr/PmWikiFr?action=edit which
is correctly translated into "Édition de la page PmWikiFr.PmWikiFr".

> But if I change line 51 with <h1 class='wikiaction'>$[Editing]
> \$FullName</h1> it works better ...

...only for those languages where the verb "Editing" needs to appear
at the beginning.  In some languages $FullName needs to appear at
the beginning or even in the middle of the string.  See, for example,
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiJa/PmWikiJa?action=edit .

> 2/ Sometimes I need to translate with something like "bla'la", with a
> quote inside a word.
> I use it for example to localize the tittle attribute in template.
> But, all which is after the quote is lost. In my example, only 'bla'
> remains.
> Is there a way to avoid that ?

Try bla&#039;la .