[pmwiki-users] New pages link

H. Fox haganfox at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 16:29:06 CST 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:01:03 -0500, Martin Fick <fick at fgm.com> wrote:
> I think you should move the button back over to the right and simply
> label it 'Create'.   Like this
>
>         [______________]  (Create)
>
>         or
>
>         [______________]  (Create Page)
>
> If users want more descriptive text they can always do:
>
>         Enter a PageName to create a new page:  (:newpagebox:)
>
> to get:
>
>         Enter a PageName to create a new page:  [______________]  (Create)

I agree with this.  I sent the following message to Pm and
unintentionally didn't CC the list.

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:32:20 -0600, Jonathan Scott Duff <duff at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 03:01:12PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > Well, I still need to post my code.  :-)  And, I can't decide if
> > the markup should be:
> >
> >   (:newpagebox:)
> >   (:editpagebox:)
> >   (:newpageform:)
> >   (:editpageform:)  (Probably not this one.)
> >
> > or something else entirely.
>
> I like the second to last one[..]

I agree with Scott.  It's definitely a form.  Is it a box?

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:49:21 -0600, Patrick R. Michaud
<pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 30, 2005 at 04:18:16PM -0500, Neil Herber wrote:
> > Use  (:newpagebox:) and have the button to the left of the field like this:
> >
> >         (Create a new page called:) [______________]
>
> Done on http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/NewPageBox, just so we can all
> see how it looks.  To me the button is a bit too big, but that's just
> my aesthetic preference.  In truth, we might not need a submit button at
> all.

It certainly is a monster of a button.  It doesn't match the search
form/box at the top of the PmWiki skin pages, nor does it look like
the (:searchbox:) form that is on Main/SearchWiki.

It seem like something such as

  [______________] (Create Page)

would be more "generic" and thus easier to work into wiki pages
because you can precede it with some text.

Hagan