[pmwiki-users] New pages link

Neil Herber nospam at eton.ca
Wed Mar 30 18:45:57 CST 2005

At 2005-03-30  04:01 PM -0700, H. Fox is rumored to have said:
> > But, countering that, if we step outside of the HTML world for a
> > second, I think the word "form" tends to refer to things that have
> > multiple input fields and not just a single one.
>
>That's true.  If you pointed to it and asked an HTML-unaware newbie
>"what is that?" you'd find few, if any, who would answer that it's a
>form.

I think it has to be called a "box" for the benefit of non-HTML-aware
authors. For one thing, that describes the appearance quite literally,
especially if you allow versions with no associated button. And if you look
at Google help you will find that they almost never refer to the form
fields at all using a name such as form field or box. The only instance I
could find in my limited hunting was:

>You can also improve your searches by adding "operators" to your search
>terms in the Google search box,

I like the idea of being able to specify the action button or eliminate it
entirely.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/