[pmwiki-users] ExtendedMarkup WikiWord Error

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Mar 31 00:29:55 CST 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 11:35:16AM +1200, John Rankin wrote:

> Nope! I had tried the /s option and can report that I got the
> same result as you. At that point I gave up -- it's probably
> something blindingly obvious, but I have not been able to
> spot it.

Out of curiosity, did you also try adding /s to the preg_replace
lines in SmartenLinkText and BypassHTML (especially the latter)?

A quick test seems to indicate that it works for me -- see
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/ExtendMarkup .  On this page I
have a modified version of extendmarkup.php with /s options added
to the smart quotes patterns, as well as the $LinkPageCreateFmt
setting that was apparently causing Stan some problems.  However,
I don't know if the /s introduces other problems into smart quotes
formatting, or if I've missed some other aspect of the problem
that doesn't work with the /s.