[pmwiki-users] Handling unknown author: AllRecentChange/RecentChanges vis-a-vis page history

John Feezell JohnFeezell at 3wplace.com
Thu Mar 31 21:42:33 CST 2005

Pm,

In working with FGS I noticed something related to a difference in the
way that a missign author is handled between the AllRecentChanges and
RecentChanges vis-a-vis the page history.

In page history if there is no author then the entry has the IP for the
host but this does not carry over to AllRecentChanges and
RecentChanges.  There if the author is unknown then the $AuthorLink
variable contains just '?' and that is left as the entry.

Was there a reason for this particular setup?  I think I'd like to
include the IP as a replacement for the '?' of the $AuthorLink variable
in the RecentChanges.  Do you see any problem with doing that?

Thanks.

/JF