[pmwiki-users] Watch page (was: Mail Post Manual Trigger)

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sun May 1 03:31:41 CDT 2005

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> No, better is to make use of (improving as needed) PmWiki's page
> cross-reference link capabilities.  Rather than have someone add an
> email address to each individual page of interest, they should attach
> their email address to a trail page of some sort that lists the pages
> (and perhaps groups) they're interested in.

I was just about to suggest something like this... why not let users
create their own customized pages for watching/tracking changes to other
pages?

Perhaps something like this could be used:
	(:watch-pages after=2005-04-30:)
	* [[Some page that I'm watching]]
	* [[Another page that I'm watching]]
	(:watch-pages-end:)

where only pages that have been modified after 2005-04-30 are shown in the
list. Something like this

	(:watch-group PmWiki after=2005-03-30:)

could be used to generate a list of pages in the group PmWiki/ that have
been modified after 2005-03-30. The actual directives above are just
examples of course... a better syntax would be needed.

Maybe RSS could then be used to monitor your watch page?

/Christian

PS. Something I like with the idea above is that I could do something like
this:

	(:watch-pages after=2005-04-30:)
	* PITS:0001 -- waiting for response on fix
	(:watch-pages-end:)

i.e. make notes to myself about what to do with a page. Oh... and in order
for the above to be useful, pages that haven't been modified lately should
either not be shown in the list at all, or with a faint/weak colour.