[pmwiki-users] cookbook SVG does not write "width"

Stephan Schildberg schildberg at scoid.de
Wed May 4 12:42:24 CDT 2005

Hello,

regarding the near future of Firefox 1.1 , which means that this Mozilla
product finally will support .svg files, I tested the script as decribed
in http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Svg  .
I still test this with IE and the Adobe-plugin.

Writing on http://www.neue-arbeit-hamburg.de/pmwiki.php/Unterricht/Test
( pw =strese )
only this line into the form:
%width=800%  %height=800%
http://www.scoid.net/projekte/freecard/SVG/FreeCard_Layer_Model.svg

It will generate the crucial code to display the graphic:
<embed height='800' type='image/svg+xml'
src='http://www.scoid.net/projekte/freecard/SVG/FreeCard_Layer_Model.svg'>

This causes the failure of showing only a fraction of the .svg file
(which has a canvas size of 600px X 600px)

The code should generate this line,

<embed height='800'  width='800' type='image/svg+xml'
src='http://www.scoid.net/projekte/freecard/SVG/FreeCard_Layer_Model.svg'>

which makes clear that the "width"  was missing.
Since I am no PHP savy, I would ask you for help to overcome this little
hinderance to get on with SVG.

regards, Stephan