[pmwiki-users] Work files (was: data from wiki page rather than file)

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Thu May 5 11:38:17 CDT 2005

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Caching is a slightly different issue -- generally someone needs a place
> to store cache files.  I'm thinking it might be worthwhile for us to
> designate a standard directory where scripts can store cached files
> of various types.  I'm thinking it should be either cache.d/ or
> wiki.d/cache.d/ , with the latter being slightly more preferable
> because an admin then only has to protect one directory (wiki.d/)
> and not two.  Any thoughts from others about a cache directory...?

On a tangent:

I need to give out IDs that are handles for internal (user-invisible)
data. The ID->data mappings must be stored in a file; the question is
where to store the file?

Currently I'm using $WorkDir/.foo (where foo.php is the recipe PHP). Is
that a good choice, or are there better ones?

Regards,
Jo