[pmwiki-users] Include URL markup

Radu radu at monicsoft.net
Thu May 5 15:53:31 CDT 2005

My approach, if the code is always the same, would be to place the html code

<TABLE aligh =" center" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0"
  cellpadding="0">
  <TD align="center" valign="center">
  <script type="text/javascript"><!--
  google_ad_client = "pub-9906382443560085";
  google_ad_width = 180;
  google_ad_height = 150;
  google_ad_format = "180x150_as";
  google_ad_channel ="";
  google_ad_type = "text";
  //--></script>

  <script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
  </script>
  </TD>
</TABLE>

*Good idea to include the closing tag of the table too*

... in your template file (pub/skins/pmwiki/pmwiki.tmpl, or a different
skin directory if you use one), somewhere close to the end. Like just
before the </body> tag, if you want the ad to be the last thing on the page.

On the other hand, if the code is NOT always the same, you may need to do
some special markup.

As for getting rich... there probably are better ways.

At 02:50 PM 5/5/2005, zgrauer at earthlink.net wrote:
>Ok, so I want to add a google ad to my footer. The ad is like the
>following text box in the link, below.
>http://www.freechem.org/google.html
>
>And there is a page on IncludeURL in the cookbook, which tells me to add
>the following code:
>
>Markup('includeurl', 'directives',
>       "/\\(:includeurl\\s+(http:[^$UrlExcludeChars]*?)\\s*:\\)/e",
>       "Keep(implode('',file(str_replace('&amp;','&','$1'))))");
>
>And then type (:includeurl http://www.freechem.org/google.html :)
>
>The only thing is... WHERE do I stick the code? From experience, it is not
>in the same page.
>
>Anyone to help a newbie?
>
>Actually, is there a better mechanism to insert google text ads? And
>please do not tell me to create a style for it. I just want to insert some
>javascript/html script into my page so I can get rich.
>
>Thanks.

Cheers,
Radu
(www.monicsoft.net)