[pmwiki-users] How to create a link?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Fri May 6 15:11:34 CDT 2005

I just found another way to achieve what I want, but I need some extra
information to actually use that approach.

Ultimately, I want to rewrite any mailto: URLs so that they point to a
http page with a mail form. I just recalled the $LinkFunctions array,
which would be perfect for that purpose.
My idea looks roughly like this:

$LinkFunctions['mailto:'] := 'MailProtectLinkFunction';

MailProtectLinkFunction($pagename, $imap, $path, $title, $txt, $fmt) {
   ... store $path in the $_SESSION['mailprotect'] array
   Call what was stored in $LinkFunctions['mailto:'] before,
   with the following parameters:
     $pagename = $pagename
     $imap = 'http:'
     $path =
       <PmWiki script URL>
       . 'MailForm?id=' . count($_SESSION['mailprotect'])
     $title = '' (no titles)
     $txt = 'Send mail'
     $fmt = $fmt
   }

Questions:

1) Is this viable? Any pitfalls?
2) What's the best way to construct that <PmWiki script URL>? Simply use
$ScriptUrl?

Regards,
Jo