[pmwiki-users] WikiCalendar date markup

Nate Cull nate at natecull.org
Mon May 9 03:18:48 CDT 2005

Woohoo, hi there.

I've had a bit of a look at the Wikilog/WikiCalendar code and now that I
think I understand more about how it works, yes, I think a markup either
that transforms all [[Calendar/yyyymmdd]] links into one that shows
longdate(), or a special (:date yyyymmdd:) would work for me. In my case
I'll probably just do it as custom markup. Not sure if it's there's an
easy way to make it work cleanly for all cases.

I added some comments to the WikiCalendar page describing the different
date formats, which I found a little confusing. I'm wondering if there's
any way to unify the shortdate() and SpacedName formats?

Also, I still don't really understand where the wdate markup would be
normally used. Is it just a convenient shorthand for when you want to
display (but not link to) a long date but don't want to spell it out in
full, or does it do more?

Oh, and what exactly does Publish do? Does it generate a machine
readable calendar protocol like RSS or iCalendar, or something more akin
to a Printable view?

(I have another wishlist item - I'd like for list_entries() to show
multiple entries per page, for the case where there are multiple
appointments/events per day, to avoid one getting hidden - but I suspect
that could be a bit complicated, and would depend on whether it was
being used as a weblog or an events/appointments calendar. It's
something I think I need and will probably add, but not necessarily
general-purpose.)