[pmwiki-users] Proposed change to password memorization

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Tue May 10 04:43:36 CDT 2005

Benjamin Fay wrote:

> Hi.
> Yes that is true, but i would like to use the inbuild "password save" function
> by firefox but everytime i close the browser it loses track. I think it is
> because there is no username. So a password gets saved but can't be filled
> into the form in the next session.

That shouldn't matter: Firefox keys passwords to URLs. (It may be
broken, of course.)

If the browser loses track after closing, there are two possible reasons:
1) You didn't allow the site to store permanent cookies, so that they
get downgraded to session cookies. (That's a setting in Cookie manager.)
2) PmWiki sends only session cookies.

I suspect it's the latter. In that case, this is a change request for
PmWiki: add a "remember my login" checkbox on the login page.

Regards,
Jo