[pmwiki-users] Re: SourceForge.net Read-Only Policy - PmWiki-Compatible!

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Sat May 14 09:17:32 CDT 2005

On Sat, 14 May 2005, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I agree.  I'm even thinking it might be worth a special script in the
> cookbook (or perhaps the distribution) so that one can simply do:
>
>     $SFProject = 'qdig';
>     include_once('cookbook/sourceforge.php');
>
> and have it configure paths from there.

I even think it should be easy in standard pmwiki to have it store files
in a separate directory structure, i.e. that you introduce e.g. $PmWikiD
and pmwiki uses that to decide the default locations of wiki.d/, uploads/
and sessions/.  Maybe there are other situations where you want the data
stored separately?

> It doesn't hurt to have more mkdirp()'s in the config file:
>
>     mkdirp("$PmWikiD/sessions");
>     mkdirp("$PmWikiD/uploads");
>
> If one is worried about the extra calls to mkdirp, it can also be done:
>
>     if (! file_exists("$PmWikiD/sessions")) mkdirp("$PmWikiD/uploads");
>     if (! file_exists("$PmWikiD/uploads")) mkdirp("$PmWikiD/uploads");

I assume file_exists() works for directories as well? (Btw, what about
the really cases where 'sessions' happens to be a file or a soft link?

Oh, and was there a particular reason you didn't comment on using
'?action=setup' to trigger the creation of directories?

/Christian