[pmwiki-users] include of external pages?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon May 16 04:39:25 CDT 2005

Thorralf Schuh wrote:
> Hi folks! I'd like to include the page
> http://www.thorralf.de/Galerie2/index.html into my wiki.
> I tried to use (:include http://www.thorralf.de/Galerie2/index.html:)
> but nothing happens.

I suspect (:include ...:) is just for other wiki pages. This is to
prevent wiki vandals from setting up a WWW page with malicious scripts,
(:include ...:) it in a wiki site, and watch the wiki administrator
dealing with infuriated visitors...

 > The page tries to start a flash-page that contains
> a gallery... How can I include this???

Try http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/IncludeSite or
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/IncludeUrl .

You could also take a look at the first Question/Answer on
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/IncludeOtherPages, which discusses
ways to include files from the same (local) file system, so you can
still exert some control over what pages get included.

Regards,
Jo