[pmwiki-users] Italian translation for V2

Ugo Mariani ugo at sinet.it
Sun May 22 14:16:16 CDT 2005

On Friday 20 May 2005 22:56, Joachim Durchholz wrote:
> Ugo Mariani wrote:
> > One thing I don't get... can I translate any pagename (apart from
> > -Syst pages) in the StateofTranslation page without breaking all the
> > links to that page? How do I tell PmWiki that I've renamed a
> > particular page?
>
> The best strategy for this that I came for with is:
>
> * Translate the page names so your Italian users will feel at home.
> * Create pages with the original English names that are redirects to the
> Italian pages, so anybody who picks up a link in an international forum
> or uses Italian /and/ English in his work can still use the English page
> names.

So, if I get this right:
- I create a PmWikiIt/IndiceDocumentazione page
- I create a PmWikiIt/DocumentationIndex page to redirect the user to the
Italian equivalent page.

Actually, this makes sense... sorry if I'm making obvious questions, but I
have to make sure that everything will work properly.

Please tell me if I'm still missing something, and thanks for your help.
Ugo
--