[pmwiki-users] own style

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Wed Nov 9 15:43:09 CST 2005

On Thursday, 10 November 2005 10:25 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com> wrote:
>On Wed, Nov 09, 2005 at 10:15:33PM +0100, Andre Szabolcs Szelp wrote:
>>
>> Anyway, I'd like to ask, if such a basic question is allowed
>> on this list (as I am tired of reading), how I could use
>> spans... as in, I'd like to have some words (names) in small
>> caps, I'd like something like
>>
>> kljfsakljsdaf %sc%name here%% kljfdsajfdklsa in my wiki code.
>>
>> -- I have read something about pub/css/local.css, but when
>> trying it, it did not work out. (.sc {font-variant:
>small-caps;})
>
>That should've worked, assuming you didn't have the parens in the
>file.  It's working for me on pmwiki.org, see
>http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/SmallCaps .

The Cookbook.MarkupExtensions provides 2 sc markup options:

    Normal ';this text is small caps;' normal

T;his text is small; capitals at the start of a paragraph.

The 'T' becomes a drop capital and the text to the next ; is
in small caps.
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MarkupExtensions

Some people prefer a markup; others prefer a style.

One of the great things about pmwiki is that we have a
choice.
--
JR