[pmwiki-users] Re: A Wiktionary with PmWiki?

chr at home.se chr at home.se
Thu Nov 10 12:37:41 CST 2005

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Gunter Coelle wrote:

> >...not to mention that in order to link to a page, an author
> >have to know the exact case of the title when writing the link.
> >*That's* annoying, and certainly a violation of PmWikiPhilosophy #1.
>
> >Pm
>
> ok, compris.. (That was the reason I asked for the philosophy)
> It seems, that it will be not possible to fullfill both requirements at the
> same time. Maybe, there could be a kind of "switch" or a set of settings to
> disable the automatic mangling?
>
> I think on a Wiktionary it is more important to preserve case and spaces
> than to have links automatically found.

About automatically finding a page... what if PmWiki displayed a warning
in the header when you enter something like [[Basic editing]] but you
actually end up at [[basic editing]]?

The text could say something like:

	The link you used does not match any page exactly, but this one
	page seems very close ("basic editing" v.s. "Basic editing")

Just a thought.

/C