[pmwiki-users] pmwiki-2.1.beta1 released, svn available

Roman romat2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 11:47:23 CST 2005

2005/11/21, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com>:
> On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 05:25:31PM +0100, Roman wrote:
> > > We've also added the [[PageName |+]] markup,
> > > which uses the title of PageName as the link text.
> >
> > Built-in [[PageName |+]] markup has the same little problem as
> > TitledLinks recipe. There is a problem with links that link to a page
> > that doesn't exists yet. If [[Group.PageName|+]] is used it does not
> > follow pmwiki convention that link is displayed with group name. Now
> > it displays page name only as with [[Group/PageName|+]].
>
> ...only because you're mis-interpreting the convention.  :-)
>
> Any link of the form [[target|text]] says to use "text" for the link
> text regardless of how the target is specified, and regardless of
> the page's existence.  Thus
>
>    [[Group.PageName | some page]]
>    [[Group/PageName | some page]]
>
> both display with "some page" as the text of the link.  For a link like
>
>    [[Group.PageName |+]]
>
> the "+" says to use the title of the page as the link text.
> Even if Group.PageName doesn't exist its title is still "PageName",
> so that is what is used as the link text.
>
> We can probably change this as a local customization, but from
> my perspective this use of "+" as link text is entirely consistent.
>
> Pm

I think that title should be used only if it is specified. I will
explain possible problem by example - I want to take advantage of
titled links and use something like this where only Group1.HomePage
exists:

source:

* [[Group1.HomePage|+]]
* [[Group2.HomePage|+]]
* [[Group3.HomePage|+]]
* [[Group4.HomePage|+]]

current result (question mark means createlink):

* Title of Group 1
* HomePage?
* HomePage?
* HomePage?

Problem: pages from different groups cannot be distinguished

expected result:
* Title of Group 1
* Group2.HomePage?
* Group3.HomePage?