[pmwiki-users] Defining and displaying chess diagrams in WikiPages

Christian Bartolomaeus bartolin at gmx.de
Wed Nov 23 14:07:37 CST 2005

* On 2005-11-23 Patrick R. Michaud (pmichaud at pobox.com) wrote:
> [...]
> imagecreatefromgif() is a built-in PHP function, see
> http://www.php.net/imagecreatefromgif
>
> It's possible that your installation of PHP doesn't have this
> function included.

I guess, that's the problem. If I start chessboard.php directly, the
error message is:

  Fatal error: Call to undefined function: imagecreatefromgif() in
  /var/www/pmwiki2/pub/chess/chessboard.php on line 57

If I start it from

  http://www.pmichaud.com/pmwiki/pub/chess/chessboard.php

it shows a chessboard (start position).

> If not, then I'll see if I can switch to using
> imagecreatefrompng() instead.

I'll have a closer look at my installation of PHP (Debian Sarge basic
installation). If I have real problems, I will come back later.
Thanks, Martin, for the hint about PHP GD libraries in your post.

> Is there a url I could look at?

Unfortunately, there isn't. I'm just testing on a local machine before
I install the recipe on our webserver. Maybe it works fine on our
server ...

Thanks

Christian