[pmwiki-users] Re: New AuthUser Functionality

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Nov 25 11:34:57 CST 2005

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 05:19:42PM +0000, Anno wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud <at> pobox.com> writes:
> > Since authuser allows
> > authentication against external databases and authentication systems
>
> Really? Didn't know that.
> How would I authenticate against a mysql database containing a table with the
> rows user and md5(password)?

See the "Password from MySql Database" section of
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AuthUser .
I'm likely to improve the recipe for 2.1, but it does work.

>If we want to set various permission, there would
> also have to be a permission row?

What do you mean by "a permission row"?  Setting permissions with
mysql-database authentication is the same as any other authuser-based
process.