[pmwiki-users] authuser improvements

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Nov 27 09:58:15 CST 2005

On Sun, Nov 27, 2005 at 10:38:24AM -0500, DaveG wrote:
> Do we have mechanisms to manage users (registration, etc) and user
> groups, or is this something we add/cookbook over time?

Well, managing user groups will be handled through the Site.AuthUser
page itself ... to add "alice" to the @editors group, we write
one of:

    alice: @editors
    @editors: alice

I haven't decided how far I'm going to take user management in the core.
My intent is that someday there will be a separate Site.AuthPasswords
page that will contain registration information, along with
an ?action=passwd that enables someone to add/change/recover a
password.  The format of entries in Site.AuthPasswords will be

    username:encrypted_password:email_addr

where the optional email_addr field is used for password recovery.