[pmwiki-users] AsciiMath formatting questions

David Spitzley dspitzle at wash.k12.mi.us
Sun Nov 27 10:48:40 CST 2005

I've begun working with the AsciiMath plugin on my dissertation website, an example of which you can see at http://www.davidaspitzley.org/Dissertation/index.php?n=Main.OnePeriodModel .  I'm quite pleased with the equations that it generates, but I'm running into a couple of formatting issues.  I've tried looking at the xsl stylesheet, but it doesn't appear to have much if anything to do with css stylesheets, so any help will be appreciated.

First, I'd like to be able to use the AsciiMath entries in-line, but if I attempt to (for example) include a variable in my body text, it winds up being shoved to a separate line.  Is there a parameter I can set in the %-delimited section to control whether or not the equation starts a new line?

Secondly, AsciiMath seems to default to adding a large amount of padding after each equation.  Is there a way I can alter that without explicitly setting the %height% parameter for every equation?

Finally, a note to PM:  the AsciiMath cookbook page isn't displaying equations correctly anymore.  Every entry comes up with an error message that complains that the network can't access the xsl stylesheet at http://www.pmwiki.org/pmwiki/pub/xsl/pmathml.xsl .

David